Friday, February 4, 2011

Blood Donation at Red Cross

I donated blood today!  I made an appointment online at the Red Cross and spent about an hour getting questioned, tested, signed up, and poked with pointy objects.  I should receive a donor card in a month or two (that’ll make the process faster), and I plan on donating every two to three months from now on.  I really should have started something like this sooner.  I’m just so used to donating money that I never think about other forms of donation (I think that makes me lazy).  However, with the Hubby the only one employed at the moment, I needed to find another way support my favorite organizations.  Donating blood was the best way I could think of doing that.  And, like the nurse at the facility said, blood is priceless. 

I feel a little woozy and was cold for a couple hours.  I’m just tired right now, but I feel wonderful that I was able to do something helpful.  And I got a neat red bandage. 

Everyone who is able should donate.  You don't have to wait for a blood drive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you!

    I've had relatives who only stayed alive thanks to blood donors, so people like you are my heroes. On behalf of... well, everybody... thanks.

    And yes, everybody should donate. It would be a wonderful situation if the Red Cross had to throw away excess blood regularly. Far, far better than needing even one pint.

    So, yeah, again... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I was able to donate. I've been taking slow release iron due to low iron. I feel better, and I'm able to donate on a semi-regular basis. It's great!

    ReplyDelete