Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools? PZ Cuttlefish? Digital Myers?

So, I think my mind is a little warped at the moment.  Two of my favorite people and internet bloggers made announcements today.  Since it is April Fool’s Day, I’m disbelieving.  Are PZ Myers and the Digital Cuttlefish really the same person?

It makes sense, maybe. 

I don’t know how to react. 

Part of me wants to smile and squee like a girl because that means I’ve had email communication with Dr. Myers and I’ve made it onto his blogroll.  PZ Myers is one of my favorite professors of all time (I might have stayed in Biology if I’d had a prof like him as an undergrad).  He really is one of those awesome people you sometimes meet on planet Earth.

The other part of me feels somewhat let down, like I lost a link in the online community.  That’s not true, of course.  It’s just that two links are now one link, and that’s no different than before-not really.  I did like the anonymity of Cuttlefish.  I also liked how cozy his blog felt.  I enjoy Pharyngula, but it’s easy to feel lost in the crowd over there.    

Regardless of how this plays out, it’s entertaining.  And it gives me a reason to reread all the Cuttlefish poems.  And still get the Omnibus.

No comments:

Post a Comment