Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life Update

I thought I’d post an update on how life is going. 

My to-do list for the blog keeps getting longer.  I’m gonna have to stop myself at some point.  I do have the items on my list planned out (even when I’m not employed I live my life by day planner), but it may take a few weeks to get everything I want posted.  At least I won’t run out of blog material in the near future. 

The weather in Kentucky is still crazy.  Three days ago it was lovely.  Two days ago it was uber hot.  And yesterday we had thunderstorms with tornadoes and hail.  The temperature dropped, and I woke up freezing this morning.  Then, today decided to be sunny and in the fifty-degree range.  All of this crazy weather makes my joints ache and causes sinus problems, which makes me dizzy.  Then, I get slightly annoyed and frustrated, which leads to anxiety, then apathy.  So, I sit around boring myself or trying to cheer myself up with lolcats (I know, I know).  Then, I feel unproductive and make extra long to-do lists and trudge my way through all the library job lists I can find.  And, then, I still feel unproductive. 

Luckily, I have a fix for the next day or two.

I’m getting ready to sit through two pre-recorded American Library Association webinars.  One of them focuses on budget issues.  The second focuses on weeding collections.  I’ll take notes and post about the experience here in the next day or two.

I did get the corgi-pup brushed and cleaned today.  Anyone who owns a Corgi will understand what a massive accomplishment (and pain in the ass) that is without the help of a professional groomer.  The corgi-pup’s regular (and totally favorite) groomer got her hand caught in a leash attached to an uber-crazy dog that decided to drag her across a room.  She’s still not sure when she’ll be back to grooming.  Corgi-pup had a sad face after learning of her groomer’s unfortunate injury and demanded peanut butter biscuits to improve her mood.

She means business

No comments:

Post a Comment