Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Murray State University Libraries and Director Adam Murray

I’ve been looking into my alma mater recently.  I like to see that education and libraries are improving in this area, and MSU is making my day.  Adam Murray took over as director fairly recently at the Murray State Libraries.  He’s got praises from the ALA for his work.  He’s also got some great ideas and cares about how to reach the students and their information needs.  He gave an interview last year that was positive and informative.  He’s also spent time reaching out to local public libraries in order to build relationships and foster improved understanding. 

This is really awesome stuff.  I’m a library geek, so some of you may be shaking your heads at me right now.  It just seems rare to find passion in education and information literacy.  I think Murray State is on an upswing right now as far as these things go.  It’s an awesome time.

No comments:

Post a Comment