Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Fallacy Introduction

I found this nice website listing and reviewing logical fallacies.  It hasn’t been updated since 2001, but it still has relevant info.  It gave me an idea for my logic postings.  Because many people learn best by figuring out what NOT to do or at least by recognizing faults in reasoning, I think it’s best to focus on fallacies while doing my logic posts.  I already know several from teaching composition courses, but I’ve also encountered some on this list I don’t know.  Every Friday (starting next week) I’ll post a fallacy with a definition and some links.  It’ll kind of be a mini-tutorial.  I may also add some worksheets or exercise ideas.  If I get crazy, maybe I’ll make a PowerPoint.

Here are two more links on fallacies:

And so, Friday Fallacy is born.    

No comments:

Post a Comment