Sunday, February 27, 2011

An Example of Poor Critical Thinking Skills

Human beings see patterns-even when they don't exist.  It's an evolved trait that has helped us survive.  However, it does have its bad side.  Without basic critical thinking skills and information literacy, the human mind can warp itself into a slobbering conspiracy theory loving mess.  On a personal level, I've seen this happen with my biological father and one of my older brothers  (the world is ending every few years and the government is watching everybody).  On a national level, we can see this in people like Glenn Beck

See, this is why I promote teaching critical thinking skills and info lit.  This is why I studied to be a librarian.  I wish more conservatives and Republicans would stand up and denounce this jerk.  He's doing nothing but harm to their reputations at this point.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bang my head against my desk and throw back a few tylenol.  grrrr....argh....ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment